Clancy Business Finance

Business Finance & Property Finance Specialists

Invoice Discounting Access cash from your sales ledger in just 24 hours

Invoice discounting is a great way to improve your business cash flow, especially if you are planning to grow your business. Very simply, Invoice Discounting gives your business an immediate cash flow boost by freeing up cash that is tied up in unpaid invoices. It saves you the frustration of waiting for your customers to pay. You stay in control of the credit control and collection process and even better, your customers don’t know about the facility, as it can be offered on a confidential basis.

invoice discounting

How does Invoice Discounting work?

Invoice Discounting is very straightforward. When you raise invoices to customers, you bulk upload the invoices to the funder. Within 24 hours, you can access up to 85% of the invoice value. When your customers settle the invoice (paying into a dedicated trust account in your company name), the remaining value of the invoice (15%), less any agreed charges is available. This happens on a continuous basis.

What are the benefits of Invoice Discounting?

  • An instant cash boost. It gives your business the benefit of an immediate cash flow boost.
  • Flexible. It’s far more flexible than an overdraft – as funding can increase in line with your turnover.
  • Better cash flow management. With a smoother cash flow, you can focus on running your business more efficiently.
  • It’s cost-effective. With access to cash, you can negotiate better prices, discounts and even reduce bank charges.
  • Improve credit limits. By paying suppliers promptly, your suppliers may offer you better credit terms.

How much does it cost?

It can suit financially strong companies with a turnover in excess of €750K per annum, and sound management systems. The fees vary, depending on the funder and the facility you choose. We can explain all the fees and charges to you, to make sure you are fully aware of all the costs involved.

Which type is right for me?

  • Confidential Invoice Discounting. Your customers are completely unaware of the facility.
  • Disclosed Invoice Discounting. Your customers are aware of the facility by way of an assignment notice.
  • Non-Recourse Invoice Discounting. You may opt to include Bad Debt Protection as part of the facility.
  • Export Invoice Discounting. Fund your export invoices in a very cost-effective way.

What’s the next step?

If you are looking for the best Invoice Discounting deal for your business, it makes sense to speak to an industry expert. With 22 years of experience, Clancy Business Finance has in-depth knowledge of this specialised industry and we can help you find the best tailor-made solution to improve cash flow. With our expertise, we will identify the funding and lender to meet your specific requirements. We’ll manage your entire funding application to ensure you get best advice, and the best deal, with the right funding partner.

If you would like more information or want to have a confidential chat, call us on 01 438 6462 or email or request a callback.

We Can Help

Get in touch